As a member, you have access to a range of simple and straightforward everyday banking products from
Find your lost super
Why you should join Local Government Super
LGS is an industry super fund that was originally set up for people employed in the local government sector, so this means we're run solely for the benefit of our members. Today, LGS is public offer, which means anyone can join.
We're unique in that we've been committed to a responsible and sustainable investment strategy for more than ten years now. We aim to provide our members with strong long-term returns by investing in the long-term sustainability of our community and environment
Other compelling reasons why you should consider LGS include:
- Low fees
- Profits go to members
- Competitive investment returns
- Financial planning advice at no extra cost
- Free pre-retirement seminars
- Fair Go member benefits program
- Voluntary Insurance cover
- Competitive home loans through ME Bank
So why stay with an ordinary fund?
LGS is more than a super fund. It's an organisation that can help support you in so many ways - through your working life and right through retirement. And because LGS is completely portable, you can take it with you no matter where you work.
Find out more
Too many fees can really eat into your super
Conventional wisdom suggests that when it comes to investing, it's wise not to have all your eggs in one basket. But when it comes to super funds, the opposite is true.
Why? Because if you've changed jobs over the years, you probably have super scattered around in different super funds, set up by your various employers.
The problem is you're paying fees and charges in each of those funds which are eating away at your retirement. And these fees can really add up.
To stop wasting money on multiple fees and charges, why not move all of your super into one super fund*. As a member of Local Government Super, you get competitive investment returns, some of the lowest fees around and a range of other member benefits.
To consolidate your super with LGS today simply complete and return the Transfer-in Authority form or call Member Services on 1300 LGSUPER (1300 547 873) for more information.
* In general, consolidating your super is a good idea but there may be exit fees involved or you may have insurance with your previous fund which might not be available at the destination fund. To check on this, you should contact your old funds or seek advice from one of our financial planners.